Jordan's Dream Vacation Around the World

52 Weeks. 6 Continents. 1 Trip of a Lifetime.

The Bottom Line

My dream vacation differs from most in that I want to travel in the most non-institutionalized way possible. For me, tourism equals for freedom. The places I live, work, tour and methods of transportation are all subject to change. The destinations and dates mentioned are only loose guidelines. My primary intention is for this trip to be an adventure with minimal structure. I don't want to put myself in vulnerable situations, but at the same time I want to live spontaneously. I want to make decisions in the moment. Over-planning defeats the whole purpose. My greatest challenge on this journey will be to push myself so I don't fall victim to the temptations of structure.

In all, after a year long adventure, the structure and normalcy that I decided to run away from, will likely be the very thing I miss the most about home. Returning home for the start of the summer will be perfect timing. It will give me the opportunity to ease back into my regular life, before I start the first chapter of adulthood; Law school.  This journey will surely be a 'dream vacation' in every sense. It will never be forgotten. When I'm old and stuck at an office desk, feeling suppressed by routine, I will think back to this trip and will appreciate how lucky I am. I'm fortunate to have been able to embark on such an adventure, and am lucky to have structure and security in my life, which I so often take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment