Jordan's Dream Vacation Around the World

52 Weeks. 6 Continents. 1 Trip of a Lifetime.

Who?



My name is Jordan. I’m a proud member of a loving family. I have many great friends and a girlfriend, all of whom I care for dearly.


I live a structured, secure life. Growing up I knew if I worked hard enough I would graduate high school, attend university, have a family, and provide for them like my parents did for me. Obviously I cannot predict the future, but I know I am fortunate to have been brought up in a household that gives me the opportunity to lead a happy, prosperous life. I consider myself very lucky.


I plan to pursue a law and/or business career after graduation, not necessarily because I love either, but more as a result of their credibility as successful career models. Some would call this conformity, others would call it predictably boring, but I call it structure and security.


Its this structure, family and friends that I will leave behind when I embark on the journey of my life. A journey around the world. As cliché as it sounds, its true. The comfort of home (financially and socially) will be replaced by the uncertainty, impulsiveness and unpredictability of traveling. The absence of the things I take for granted (the aforementioned) will force me to appreciate what I have. As Joni Mitchell once eloquently put, 'You don't know what you've got till its gone.’ This essentially leads into the next category. ‘What?’


Source:

  • Picture: http://www.aishcampus.ca/uploads/images/toronto.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment