Jordan's Dream Vacation Around the World

52 Weeks. 6 Continents. 1 Trip of a Lifetime.

How?





The intention of working while I’m traveling is to help pay for associated trip costs. These jobs will be the primary source of funding for lodging, transportation, food, etc during my travels. Throughout high school and university I have been saving money for this trip. This sum of about ten thousand dollars, will be used as a source of reserve funds, for whatever the need may be. If I struggle to find employment abroad, I will use this money.
I plan to spend as little as possible to ensure the nomadic feel. Having said this, cost is not a deciding factor. My jobs abroad, reserve funds, and nervous parents will guarantee economic security.
My method of transportation from Toronto to the first stop of my journey (London, England) will be by plane. Other than this flight, it will be my intention to find the cheapest forms of transportation from one destination to another. Whether it be by train, hitchhiking, boat, etc, I will aim to spend the least amount of money possible to get around. 
The next how, which often gets overlooked, is very relevant for a closely knit family like mine. How will my parents allow me to leave home and travel the world with little direction or agenda? My response to this will be that both my mother and father spent time backpacking through Europe at the tender age of 17. So, as a 22 year old I will be more than capable.


Source:

  • Picture: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/940731/2/istockphoto_940731-canadian-dollars.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment