Jordan's Dream Vacation Around the World

52 Weeks. 6 Continents. 1 Trip of a Lifetime.

Stop 2: Jerusalem, Israel (September 2013 - November 2013)


Having been to Israel three times throughout my life, I feel very comfortable in this country. On top of this I am semi-fluent in Hebrew, which will make my experience easier. My other trips were each only 2 weeks in duration. Therefore by staying three months, and hopefully holding a job I will be able to integrate into local society. For such a small country, Israel has endless historical, natural and technological wonders. As far as lodging goes, I plan to find accommodation and a job upon arrival. My aunt lives in Jerusalem, and will be there if I happen to need anything. As far as work goes the minimum wage in Israel is 1289.32 CAD/month, which should be enough to support myself. 

Some Things to Do:
  • Tel Aviv - Israel's largest city; beautiful beaches, vibrant night life and stunning architecture
  • Eilat - Israel's southernmost city; home to many resorts, a large boardwalk and thriving markets
  • Maccabi Tel Aviv Basketball game - 5x Euroleague champions; former team of current NBA stars Anthony Parker and Omri Casspi 
  • The Dead Sea - the lowest point on earth; water is so highly concentrated with salt that one cannot submerge; one of Israel's most popular tourist attractions
  • Mount Masada - a famous ancient fortification is housed on top of this natural wonder
  • The Wailing Wall - most holy religious site for Jews; apex of pilgrimage for over 3000 years
Sources:
  • Picture: http-//www.magpro.org/photos/20050228-0524_IIPEE/WebGallery_Highlights_of_Highlights_of_Highlights/images/20050430_324_Israel_Jerusalem_Old_City_003_Wailing_Wall_(Kotel)
  • Currency Converter: http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Amount=5.93&From=EUR&To=CAD
  • Minimum Wage: http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000561295&fid=1725

No comments:

Post a Comment